Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
FDOH WIC- Women, Infant and Children
Hours of Operation
Monday - Wednesday
7:30am - 4:30pm
7:30am - 3:30pm
Santa Rosa Beach
8:00am - 4:00pm
Closed for lunch from
12:00pm - 1:00pm
Supplemental Nutrition Services
What is WIC?
- WIC is a supplemental nutrition program provided to:
- Pregnant women
- Breastfeeding women
- Non-breastfeeding post-partum women
- Children up to age 5
- WIC provides the following services to low/moderate income women, infants, and children who are at nutritional risk:
- Healthy foods at no cost
- Nutrition education
- Breastfeeding information and support
- Referrals for information and support for health care, immunizations and other community services
- To qualify for WIC benefits, you must be:
- A pregnant woman
- A breastfeeding woman
- A woman who recently delivered an infant
- Have an infant or child under 5 years old
- Income eligibility guidelines
- Use the WIC Prescreening Tool to see if you might be eligible for WIC. The Prescreening Tool is available in multiple languages.
- If you receive Medicaid, food stamps, and/or temporary cash assistance you are qualified automatically.
- There is a family income limit but working families may qualify. Total household income (before taxes and deductions) must be equal to or below the amounts shown in the WIC Income Eligibility Guide. For a pregnant woman, each unborn baby counts as 1 extra person in the household size.