- Beach Sampling
- Bed Bug
- Biomedical Waste
- Body Piercing
- Drinking Water
- Food Hygiene
- Group Care
- Indoor Air
- Individual Sharps Disposal Program
- Migrant Labor
- Mobile Home Parks
- Onsite Sewage Disposal
- Public Pools, Spas and Bathing Places
- Animal Bites/Rabies
- Rodent Control
- Sanitary Nuisances
- Tattoo Program
Our office investigates complaints regarding Sanitary Nuisances as defined in Florida Statute 386.041. A nuisance injurious to health is generally defined as:
- Untreated or improperly treated human waste, garbage, offal, dead animals, or dangerous waste materials from manufacturing processes, air pollutants, gasses, and noisome odors which are harmful to human or animal life.
- Improperly built or maintained septic tanks, water closets, or privies.
- Keeping diseased animals dangerous to human health.
- Unclean or filthy places where animals are slaughtered.
- Any condition capable of breeding flies, mosquitoes, or other arthropods capable of transmitting diseases to humans.
- Any act or condition which may cause disease.
When a nuisance is found to exist, a sanitary nuisance notice is issued giving a reasonable time for correction, based on the severity of the condition, and if correction is not completed, legal action is taken. Failure to comply is considered a second degree misdemeanor.If you have a concern about a possible sanitary nuisance please call our office at 850-892-8021.