Walton Community Health Improvement Partnership
Walton Community Health Improvement PartnershipWalton Community Health Improvement Partnership
"A Healthy Walton Begins Today! Join the Movement!"
The Walton Community Health Improvement Partnership (WCHIP) is a dedicated group of people from a variety of agencies, organizations, businesses, and community members who want to make a difference in the health of Walton County’s residents.
The WCHIP’s strategic priorities for the Walton Community Health Improvement Plan 2020-2022:
- Healthy Homes
- Healthy Places
- Healthy People
- Healthy Behaviors
- Increase capacity for aﬀordable housing.
- Improve housing stability through supportive services for vulnerable populations, including older adults, people with disabilities, homeless people, and individuals and families at risk of becoming homeless.
Dianne McManus, Homeless and Housing Alliance
Workgroup Lead, Habitat for Humanity of Walton County
Holly Holt, Florida Department of Health in Walton County
- Improve the built environment to support healthy lifestyles of individuals across the lifespan.
- Increase collaboration across sectors to reduce barriers to health.
Jill Breslawski, UF IFAS Walton County Extension Office
Jennifer Jordan, Florida Department of Health in Walton County
- Prevent and reduce intentional and unintentional injuries and deaths
- Reduce the spread of disease through prevention and community education.
Kay Brady, Retired Professional and Community Resident Volunteer
Doris Bontrager, Florida Department of Health in Walton County
- Reduce substance use through prevention and community education.
- Increase access to and awareness of mental health and substance use disorder services.
- Reduce illness, disability, and death related to tobacco use.
Bryan Callahan, Walton County Prevention Coalition
Tracy Leitner, Florida Department of Health in Walton County
WCHIP is very active, and we are always looking for new partners to join our group. Everyone is welcome to participate in the partnership. Community meetings are held the third Wednesday of January, March, May, July, September, and November.
Interested in possibly joining WCHIP?
Email us at WCHIP@flhealth.gov or give us a call at 850-401-6341