Breast and Cervical Cancer Detection
The Florida Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program makes it easy to get the breast and cervical cancer screenings doctors recommend. The screenings are free or low cost if you meet program eligibility requirements. There are many BCCEDP sites located throughout Florida.
To see if you qualify, call the Florida Department of Health in Walton County 850-892-8015.
Florida Breast & Cervical Cancer Early Detection Programs (FBCCEDP)
- For income-eligible women age 50-64
- Pap / pelvic / breast exam on-site
- Mammogram arranged through local facilities
Services provided include:
- Breast and cervical cancer screening exams (clinical breast exams, mammograms, and Pap tests) to approximately 5 percent of the at need population as funding allows.
- Diagnostic funds are reserved for women screened through the program.
- Care coordination to all clients with abnormal exams.
- Women screened through the program and diagnosed with breast or cervical cancer are referred to the Florida Medicaid Program for eligibility determination.
- Paid breast and cervical cancer treatment through Medicaid for eligible women screened through the program.
FDOH Breast and Cervical Cancer Resources: Breast and Cervical Cancer Resources