DOH-WALTON UPDATES POSITIVE CASES OF COVID-19 AND CURRENT VACCINATION APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
August 02, 2021
Patti Roberts, PIO
DeFuniak Springs, Fla. –
Walk-up/No appointment needed for this week’s Covid-19 Vaccination Clinics. A grocery gift certificate valued at $10 will be given to individuals that receive a Covid-19 vaccination (while supplies last).
- Tuesday, August 3, 2021 10:00 A.M.– 12:00 P.M. 1st and 2nd doses of Moderna and Pfizer vaccine, DeFuniak Springs – 790 State Rd 83, Walton County Fairgrounds
- Friday, August 6, 2021 10:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M 1st and 2nd doses of Moderna and Pfizer vaccine, DOH-Walton - Coastal Branch Clinic, 361 Green Way Trail, Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Florida residents and any individual in Florida who is present in Florida for the purpose of providing goods or services for the benefit of residents and visitors of the state is eligible to be vaccinated.
The COVID-19 vaccines continue to be vital to ending the pandemic, including combating the recent case increases nationally and globally. Vaccine benefits include:
- Significantly reduces the risk of contracting the virus even if you are exposed.
- Teaching your body how to fight the virus.
- Reducing the risk of severe symptoms, hospitalization, and death if you contract the virus.
- Minimizing the ability for the virus to spread, especially to our most vulnerable populations.
- Fighting against emerging variants that can cause worse symptoms and spread.
Persons may also receive a vaccination at several other Walton County locations. Please check the state vaccine locator at www.floridahealthcovid19.gov/vaccines/vaccine-locator/ for your nearest location.
As cases increase, individuals should continue to watch for COVID-19 symptoms, especially if unvaccinated. If you are vaccinated and develop symptoms of COVID-19, you should keep your distance and be evaluated by your health care provider and get tested. You can find testing locations here.
DOH-Walton/Walton Community Health Center conducts free COVID-19 testing in DOH-Walton locations in Santa Rosa Beach and DeFuniak Springs by appointment only. Call 850-401-6453 to schedule a testing appointment only. Antibody tests are not available.
Demographic information on COVID-19 cases due to ongoing epidemiological investigations, are provisional and subject to change: For the week of July 23 through July 29, there were 331 new Walton County cases reported. Walton County resident total cases 7,801. Weekly Covid19 data may be found at FloridaHealthCOVID19.gov.
To find the most up-to-date information and guidance on COVID-19, please visit the Department of Health’s dedicated COVID-19 website at FloridaHealthCOVID19.gov. For any other questions related to COVID-19 in Florida, call (866) 779-6121. The Call Center is available 24 hours per day or email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org.
For information and advisories from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), please visit the CDC COVID-19 website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
About the Florida Department of Health
The department, nationally accredited by the Public Health Accreditation Board, works to protect, promote and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county and community efforts.